Spare of A Girl's Thoughts

"Life is not about finding our self, but how we create it" It's about a girl who is very fascinated about life, but yet hasn't got enough about it. She's kinda stuck between the reminiscent and the future all about but always looking forward to move on and wishing someday, neither force or vengeance would be able to restraint her from her very own freedom.

Tuesday, April 25, 2006

:: The 'Basa-Basi' Thing

Oh my goodness...how I hate to do that. But apparently, all my friend agree that I'm very good at it. I don't understand why on earth we have to do that. I understand manner, but not sweet talking or other crappy things like that.

In Indonesia, you must have to do all the sweet talking, even though you just barely know the person. When you want to eat, you have to ask them if they want it so you can share it with them*eventhough you only got a lil piece of chocalate*... but still you'll get criticized if you do not show or not even trying to show any intention to do that.

What I think it doesn't make any sense is just there are so many unimportant protocols in our social life. I believe 'basa-basi' almost does nothing to improve our social skill, nor to help to create a better and honest relationship with other people. I think it's just bullsh*t. Thank God, for the last four years I could find a place where privacy is greatly respected. While privacy is really appreciated in this country, amazingly manners, honesty and social kinda relationship still can go along together, hence create a healthy social environment rather than in Indonesia.

The hardest part of this is when you have to do the 'basa-basi thing' in this country. I'd rather reading a textbook and staying in library for hours. Or sleeping. I just can't being nice and 'she-always-smiles' kinda girl. I think I never have adequate topic to talk with people...especially when I'm not in the mood or in the middle in something or while I'm having PMS. I prefer just quite. I think, 'how-are-you' greetings or 'very-nice-weather' today is more than enough. I don't have to be introgated like, where have you been, with who, why are you just wandering alone here, where is your boyfriend, have you eaten or the worst, when are you getting married. Sometimes, my heart screams, "Leave me alone!"

The funny thing is, like I've said before, my friends agree that I'm good at it. Maybe, yes, once in the blue moon. When the moon isn't blue, people might get me wrong and accuse me as a girl without attitude or being arrogant. I'm used to it when it comes to people saying bad things at my back, judging me for being flirtatious with boys or whatever. I'm not surprised too, when some of them who did that to me now have become good friends of mine. I'm tired to say this, but hello,..stop judging people. You don't know them, you never gone through what they've been through, so stop being such eejits with nothing to talk, then fill their mouth with useless topic and hurting people's feeling.

There are some points when we have to stop 'basa-basi'. When it's getting dry, don't even try to break the ice. Why we have to hassle? The ice is never there...and we don't need to break any.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Veen! Talking about basa-basi; The other day I happened to talk to someone on the phone from Jakarta. After more than 10 years we haven't talk to each other, the first thing she asked me was: HOW MUCH I WEIGH!! To show her "basa-basi", I told her how much (silly me!) To that she answered me:" Hm, I myself is a few kilos less than that!" BITCH!!!!!

7:34 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Veen, motif polka dotnya kayak selimut gue yg baru. Hadiah dr Ing buat nonton TV, malem2 dan kedinginan, katanya. ;)

7:39 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home