Spare of A Girl's Thoughts

"Life is not about finding our self, but how we create it" It's about a girl who is very fascinated about life, but yet hasn't got enough about it. She's kinda stuck between the reminiscent and the future all about but always looking forward to move on and wishing someday, neither force or vengeance would be able to restraint her from her very own freedom.

Monday, October 31, 2005

:: Romance

Found this forum of my favourite romance author. And I just realized that I'm not the only one who crazy deeply fallin' in love with those characters in the story. They are far more unbelieavably great!

I'll note some of my favourite sentences that I would never get bored to read and re-read again and again...*taken from the post of one of very devoted JM reader*

Allyson,

Jason is my fave JM hero too. There are just so many things about him that I love. [Big Grin]

He was a very romantic man. He has declared such magnanimous statements to Tory, even though it was cloaked by their business arrangement. Even if I didn’t "love" him in the first part of the book yet, when I came to the part where he proposed to Victoria, my heart just melted.

1. “If you marry me, you’ll have the freedom to do whatever you like with your life. You could build one hospital in America and another near Wakefield, and stay in England. I have six estates and a thousand tenants and servants. My servants alone could provide you with enough sick people to fill up your hospital. If not, I’ll pay them to get sick. You can cover the walls of Wakefield with your sketches, and if you run out of room, I’ll add on to the house.”

2. “Nothing’s wrong with you. Andrew is a spineless fool. And I am a bigger fool than he is.”

3. “I’ve tried a hundred times to let you go Victoria, but I can’t.”

4. “Tory. I like that – it suits you perfectly. I also like the way the sun shines on you hair when you drive off in the carriage with Caroline Collingwood. And I like the sound of your laughter. I like the way you’re eyes flash when you’re angry…”

5. “Why? You’ve enjoyed watching the play. And I’ve enjoyed watching you.”

6. He knocked on the door, feeling a little foolish for appearing on her doorstep on the night before the wedding. He had no reason for coming except to pleasure himself with the sight of her and, he hoped, to please her by telling her about the Indian pony he had arranged to have put on one of his ships from America. It was to be one of her wedding presents, but in truth he was absurdly eager to see her demonstrate her skill on it. He knew how beautiful she would look with her graceful body bent low over the horse’s neck, and her wondrous hair glinting in the sunlight…

7. "To think I actually believe there are no such things as angels.”

8. To Jason, who never before known the joy of being loved and admired for what he possessed or for what he appeared to be but for what he really was, the quite inner peace he felt was sheer bliss. At night, he could never hold her close enough or long enough. During the day, he took her on picnics and swam with her in the creek at Wakefield Park. When he was working, she was there on the perimeters of his mind, making him smile. He wanted to lay the world at her feet, but all Victoria seemed to want was him, and that knowledge filled him with profound tenderness

He is very generous.He agreed to take Victoria under his wing, bought him clothes and even gave her a dowry and protected her with his name. When they were married, he continued to shower her with gowns, jewels and furs. After they have settled their differences, he renamed his yacht the Victoria and even built another one for her and her friends. He built hospitals in honor of his father.

I love his wit and sense of humor. Examples are:

1)After Tory rescued John Collingwood’s sailboat:
Tory: You’re impossible!
Jason: You’re right.
Tory: You really are impossible.
Jason: We already agreed on that.

2)Tory: …stop smiling at me in that charming way – everyone is watching us!
Jason: Am I being charming? …. What I see is a half dozen of your besotted admirers standing over there, looking as if they would all like to devise a way to slit my throat and dispose of my body.

3)“Hush Victoria,” [Tory’s grandmother] said, directing her dagger gaze at Jason as she continued, “two of your servants are related to two of mine, and they tell me all Wakefield Park was in an uproar when you refused to bed your bride for a week after the ceremony.” Victoria let out a mortified moan and Jason’s arm tightened supportively around her shoulders.

“Well,” she snapped, “what have you to say to that, young man?”

Jason quirked a thoughtful eyebrow at her. “I would say I apparently need to have a word with my servants.”

LOOLL!! I could go on and on...

[Smile] Sharon

And ohh...my another favourite quote from another JM book:

"If you would take one step forward, darling, you could cry in my arms. And while you do, I'll tell you how sorry I am for everything I've done. And when I'm finished, you can help me find a way to forgive myself" - Ian Thornton (Almost Heaven).

But of course on the top of the list, this author would always make me falling in love.
And those words are absolutely my best romance ever :)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home