Spare of A Girl's Thoughts

"Life is not about finding our self, but how we create it" It's about a girl who is very fascinated about life, but yet hasn't got enough about it. She's kinda stuck between the reminiscent and the future all about but always looking forward to move on and wishing someday, neither force or vengeance would be able to restraint her from her very own freedom.

Friday, September 09, 2005

:: The Art of Singlish

Last night I chated thru MSN with my Singaporean-based friend talking in Singlish. It was very damn funny. He's an Indonesian, but have been there for quite a while. I started first, to talk to him in Singlish. Just to tease him. And of course he replied me so well and made me laugh so hard talking to him.

Everythime I listen to people with Singlish kind of accent, I'm always amused. Surprisingly, I could reply well even though I never live there or live with Singaporean. Well...almost. Because both of my housemates was graduated from Sing junior school, so I am kind of very familiar with some of their favourites words.

Back to this guy, friend of mine. He then told me a story about his boyfriend visited him to Sing from US. This guy is Indo as well. My friend then took him to local shopping centre and they found something interesting: cactus plant. It was interesting because it was so small, and the plant was actually a key holder :) Then came along this sales girl, looking at those guys staring at this plant, she started to explain things regarding the plant. All the guys there were listening to her. When this girl was talking, they didn't respond to her. They just listened and nodding heads. According to my friend, she speak English well, right vocab, straight English *no mixing between English and Malay, such as: "I can not tahan lhaaa...."*

Until this girl finally finished talking and expecting response from her audiences then she ask, "Do you have any questions?" Then this US guy replied back to her, with his very confounding face, said: "Sorry, I don't understand chinese"

My friend: "......."
Sales girl: "......."
His friend: "......."

My friend was like....so embarassed! The sales girl as well. She disappeared a second after listened to that guy's response. This guy also left as soon as he realised what he's done. My friend was like, "vin....malu gilak!!! Gua lgs kabur...temen gua itu juga...tuh cewek juga... hahaha"

That's the art of Singlish I tell you lhaaa....mixing-mixing like rojak lhooo.... hehehe :

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home