Spare of A Girl's Thoughts

"Life is not about finding our self, but how we create it" It's about a girl who is very fascinated about life, but yet hasn't got enough about it. She's kinda stuck between the reminiscent and the future all about but always looking forward to move on and wishing someday, neither force or vengeance would be able to restraint her from her very own freedom.

Sunday, October 12, 2008

weekend menu

My parents haven't been around for the last two weeks during Lebaran holiday. I spent 9 days in my auntie's house since they left, but I came back home since last Friday. Nothing is better than your own room, really. I've learned to appreciate what I have, who I am and how I position myself in different situation.

This weekend was fun. The traffic wasn't that bad, I think most people who'd gone back to their cities are not here yet. I went to a wedding invitation last night of a colleague of mine. I got chance to see many people I see in the office everyday, only in different outfits and completely different atmosphere. I saw some girls tightly hugging with their boyfriends and fathers with their wife and kids. Its really interesting when you got to see others' another side of life you've never seen before.

Another story, Indonesia Stock Exchange (IDX) has been suspended since last Wednesday. They opened until 11.08 am, but decided to discontinue the trading until further notice due to the significant drop of equity index. The index plunged for more than 10% in one day, it has reached the lowest point during the year. This the first time happened in our market, I believe many people have shown different reactions upon this decision. It decided to open for Friday's trading, however they should take their decision back cuz' regional signaled a worsening market. I think it should be back to normal by tomorrow though.

I also met my boyfriend's best friend and his wife today for an afternoon coffee at Bakoel Koffee. It was a great catch up and we decided to continue the chat during dinner at Tokio Joe (TJ). But at the end, only half an hour before we were supposed to meet, they texted my boyfriend to cancel the dinner. Their 6 month old baby was still sleeping and the babysitter was on her leave. That's only a small part of the commitment of having your own kids, that's what they had silently taught me.

But my boyfriend and I still managed to go to TJ and met up with another best friend of mine and her hubby. I really enjoyed the food and the company. I wish I could do more of this, especially with my other girlfriends. It's just made me miss them even more :(

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home