Spare of A Girl's Thoughts

"Life is not about finding our self, but how we create it" It's about a girl who is very fascinated about life, but yet hasn't got enough about it. She's kinda stuck between the reminiscent and the future all about but always looking forward to move on and wishing someday, neither force or vengeance would be able to restraint her from her very own freedom.

Wednesday, July 27, 2005

The Purpose of Marriage

On my last conversation with friends in Jakarta, we were asking each other about our current relationship. And there was an interesting topic that suddenly came out in our discussion.

Y: Vin, I got a very interesting story. About my friend.
Me: What's going on?
Y: My friend who got married last time, you remember?
Me: Oh yeah... the beautiful one, rite? The beautiful girl who is practically married with fat-ugly guy, but obviously damn rich!
Y: Exactly. I don't understand her. She is married with no love! She clearly said it to me. Then I asked, why should you?
Me: Then?
Y: She said, " Cuz' at the end of the day, love is not everything. But security is." You know what she means, rite? She doesn't care about love, but she does care about her own 'security' as in MONEY!

Well, I guess it's a thought that everyone has his/her own point of view. For me, I don't think I could stand that way. It just too hard to live with someone who you don't love for may be, 50 years?

Back to the title of this posting, what is actually the purpose of marriage? For having a family? Or because I-have-to-because-I-was-in-too-long-relationship reason? Or because your parent wished so? Or because the baby is hiding in your tummy? Well, whatever the purpose of marriage is, I think love has to be the foundation. I don't say money is not important, but look, money might loose, richness may gone, beauty may fade but if you LOVE, you'll stay strong facing every situation in life.

I guess, money won't secure your life. It won't work.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

heyy vinn.. an interesting thought you have here! :) -marriage- has been a hot topic amongst my friends too.. one question popped in my mind, *knock wood* what if the love just dissappears one day? well i guess that's why you have to be sure that he's your true love (oopsss i think i just answered my own question hihi).. but how do we know for sure? say, rite now we love a person so much.. we think he's the one.. but is this love gonna stay forever? :p

2:14 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

For Sisca:
Thanks for the comment. I guess we have to take the positive side of everything in life. I mean, world is soo scary that even true love might gone someday, like you've said. But it won't make us to stop to find a true love,rite? We won't move anywhere if we don't take a step. It is indeed a scary world that we should go through :)

3:27 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home