Spare of A Girl's Thoughts

"Life is not about finding our self, but how we create it" It's about a girl who is very fascinated about life, but yet hasn't got enough about it. She's kinda stuck between the reminiscent and the future all about but always looking forward to move on and wishing someday, neither force or vengeance would be able to restraint her from her very own freedom.

Monday, July 25, 2005

A Good Friend = A Good Housemate?

I have to question the above statement because it is hard to find a perfect housemate. I think. Lots of people say, may be it is easier to make and have a good friends, but once you live with them, they might live your life like a hell. Really??? Well, I never actually have this happened to me but I've seen it happened to others. Not all of them, but some. The question is, how it could happened?

This is what typically happened:
1. You have one good friend. Go to uni together, spend weekend together, lunch together, calling each other almost everynight, sharing your stories.
2. Then this thought come to your mind: "Why don't we live together? It's gonna be fun. we cook together, study together, eat together, etc. We don't have to call thru mobile each other if we wanna talk, save money ;)"

The fact is, it's not so that easy. I have a friend whose her friend is having some problems with her housemate. They were a very good friend before, they are still, but just this 'storms' are kind of hitting them currently and they haven't talk for quite a while even though they live under one roof. My friend told me the story of them. She said her friend feels her housemate is doing something wrong with her current relationship. She has already warned her for thousands time but she never listens. She also feels lonely because her housemate is rarely at home, always go out with other friends and leaving her alone. Furthermore, the problem is actually more complicated than this, believe me. It's just not appropriate for me to write it down here. I guess, she is sick and tired of everything.

If I could give some advices, here they are. First, it is okay with living with your best friend. We all should be aware of the possibility of disputes in the future. We all come from different place, raised by different parents, live in different cultures. They all make things are so different. Second, everybody has her/his own privacy which we should respect. Our good friend has it too. It is not their responsibilities to always sharing their secrets, or may be their dark backgrounds, or their love stories with us. Me, myself, I won't force them to tell everything to me. Not because I don't care, I just fully respect their privacy. Off course they can can talk to me, but I won't force them to do so. Next, my good friend has a right to have other good friends besides me. I never feel jealous or sad, take it easy. I'm not her mother anyway. Even though may be it's even harder when they've found a boyfriend,,,haha! Last but not least, respect your housemate's room. For me, my room is always be my favourite place on earth *even though it's messy* but at least you have a piece of the earth when you can be your own self and do whatever you like. So, it is good to always knock the door before entering other's room :) I know it sounds simple, but it trully has a good sense of respect towards your housemates.

Living with someone is a challange, especially when you have to live with someone who is not your family. But, at the end of the day we all might have to live that way too. Living with a husband or wife that come from different backgrounds and cultures might take a lil bit headache, but the fact is we have to live with them for quite a veerrryyy looooongggg time, right? So, just take it easy :)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home