Spare of A Girl's Thoughts

"Life is not about finding our self, but how we create it" It's about a girl who is very fascinated about life, but yet hasn't got enough about it. She's kinda stuck between the reminiscent and the future all about but always looking forward to move on and wishing someday, neither force or vengeance would be able to restraint her from her very own freedom.

Sunday, July 23, 2006

goodness! it seems like my brain doesn't corporate really well with me. i'm completely blank and less inspired to write. absolutely no in the mood to write something genius or inspiring (now who says i always do?), even reading books doesn't interest me. it came to the worst when it took more than two weeks just to finish 180-something pages book.

but i'm so into photography thingy right now. i've been bringing my camera where ever i go. i went to many different places last week and took so many photographs.

then, let's talk about those boring pics i took.
and for your warning, as you can see, i'm definitely not a pro so hopefully i won't bore you to death. fyi, you can enlarge the image in order to get bigger and better view by simply click on the image.

so, the first picture you're looking at is the toilet door at my campus. yeah... i know i'm weird. anyway, i just love those posters or writings plastered all over the door. it surely didn't look good, but i found that some conversations are very interesting! i had great times and smirks on my face while reading those comments, thoughts and excerpts, my only entertainment during the loo time at uni.

second is the picture of an old lady on her wheelchair. she was having a relax afternooon with her daughter along the shops in clarendon st. while her daughter was picking some flowers in a florist shop, she grabbed a cigarette from her bag and smoked. then me, i grabbed my camera from my own bag cuz' i just seemed interesting for me. this old lady seemed so enjoying her smoking time. i'm sorry for not so nice and clear picture, but i was trying my best to be seen not so obvious while taking her picture. i just feel not right everytime i take someone's pictures especially a particular stranger, even though i really like to catch people's facial expression.

the third picture is a beautiful building of port philip city council and was former south melbourne city council in 1901. isn't that a beautiful old building? some fine details, high and tall pillars and great old antique victorian style make this building very distinct and so precious. there are something special about old buildings that we we will not find in modern building nowadays. luckily we have quite a bunch of these kind of buildings in victoria. nice.

the next photo is one of my favourite indonesian cakes; the layered cake! i always love this cake made my auntie back in my home country. thanks to my mom who nicely sent the cake to me via my housemate who just came back from her holiday.this layered cake is made from many intriguing thin layers. i wonder how my auntie, as a baker, can deal with it every single day. and i just can't have enough of this cake.

and finally, here is the last picture. some of you might know that i've been practising with macro function in my camera. it is surprisingly cool, and i like it so much. most of my macro objects are flowers and food. but personally, i love to take shot of flower because it is lovely and to take a picture of its detailed complexity and beautiful hues, is just fun! i could spent almost an hour only to take shot of one pot of flowers from every angle. the last time i did it in front of state library, to my surprise a lady walked toward me and directly look at my camera. and when i perplexedly looked back at her, she was just smile and went away. i thought i might be looked so funny for her.

one day i told my friend that i think it'd be so hard to become a pro photographer. i know that they can't help it when they look at a particular object that interests them from their point of views but may be not for others. for example, taking picture of a bird, door handle, cup of coffee or even just a simply blue sky. others might think it is a bit 'unusual' to take picture of a door knob, but who knows they will end up with those trully kick-ass photo.

and yes...it is hard to be a pro.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thanks for making me smile again, ween :-) Your comments about the toilet doors really cracked me up - for some reason, Monash Uni always produces the best graffiti that I've ever seen on toilet doors. Swinburne (where I later finally completed my degree) was never in the same league as Monash....

BTW - My mum's also just bought a digital camera and she's just mad about photography too (although so far, most seem to be of our 2 year-old niece!)

6:57 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

that reminds me: look up www.flickr.com - it's a very popular site where everyone can post their photos. It's a great way of studying how people go about it - subject, composition etc etc. Just type the search term (for example, "flowers", "rain", "ocean") that interests you in the search box & see what happens! I guarantee that you'll be there for a while looking at everything.

7:07 AM  
Blogger vveen said...

hey mase, yeah i actually have flickr account too.

check out this site: http://beta.zooomr.com.

it's another kind of flickr but better for its kewl features. check it out :)

12:17 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home